Saturday, March 12, 2016

Inglorious Basterds

Inglorious Basterds is one of my all-time favorite movies for many reasons. The first reason is that it has Brad Pitt in the lead role! Just like in Fury, his accent is hilariously amazing! I cannot deny how perfect his over-the-top southern mountain-man accent puts together this dark comedy. I also pretty much always love any World War II movie that is not obviously awful, so the setting alone makes this an enjoyable film for me. The aspect of this movie that sets it apart from others that is great but makes me sick at the same time is the gore. The raw, uncensored nature of the film is what makes this feel like a Tarantino film. Between carving swastikas into Germans' foreheads and burning theaters full of people, I'd say Pitt and his men are pretty ruthless. The comedic nature of the film lightens the load a little, but not enough to make it any less gruesome, but this is a good thing! This movie deserves a 9/10, and is a must-watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment