Saturday, April 30, 2016

Se7en

Seven is now one of my favorite cop/murderer movies. I think the main draw this movie has for me is how absolutely dark it is. I'm pretty sure every scene except for the last one is dark, gloomy, and raining. Also, the subject matter of the movie is grotesque. The main murderer, who nobody ever finds out exactly who he is, mutilates and tortures his victims because he believes they were sinners and he is doing God's work. He kills his victims based on violations of the seven deadly sins, hence the title of the movie. One of the other great things about this movie is the amazing cast. It lines up Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman as detectives trying to find the murderer, Kevin Spacey, who is the best villain actor there is. The last unique and great thing about this movie is that the villain "wins", or at least gets exactly what he wanted. I give this movie a 9/10 for originality.

No comments:

Post a Comment