Saturday, May 7, 2016

Captain America: Civil War

Captain America: Civil War is one of the most fun movies I have seen so far this year. I generally don't credit superhero movies with being all that good, and it hurts my experience going into these movies knowing this. So when I went into the theater to watch Civil War, I just told myself to have fun with the movie, and boy did it provide it! Who doesn't want to see all of the superheroes finally stop going after worthless enemies and duke it out with each other instead? I also usually don't like Marvel movies in particular because they are too lighthearted, but Marvel promised that this film would be one of their darkest films yet, and it delivered. My two favorite characters emerging from the film, surprisingly I might add, were Ant Man and the new Spider-Man. It was so fun to watch them! They were both sort of the comic reliefs for their sides, but they weren't over the top and kept it to a minimum. Besides Deadpool, which I consider to be a little outside of the spectrum, this is my favorite superhero movie because we get to see the good guys show their bad sides and hate each other. I give this movie a 9/10 for being extremely entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment